NEW MUSINGS

SARAH NEWTON'S RADIO SHOW

Today on Sarah Newton's "Help! My Teenager is an Alien" talk radio show, we discussed the six reasons of keeping a diary. The points we discussed:

LISTEN HERE:



A diary helps you...

1) Find your voice. Being a teen there are so many things thrown at you, spending time along with your thoughts helps you decide which thoughts are yours, and which are opinions of someone else. Knowing and trusting who you are improves your self-esteem.

2) Organize and articulate your feelings, opinions, or thoughts,

3) Separate drama from reality. When you write, you get a chance to realize your responsibility in a situation and save "face" at the same time. You see things from a more objective position.

4) Process your feelings - like going from rage to anger to sadness to hope.

5) Express things you might never say outloud.

6) Set goals and visualize your dreams

Questions Jamie answered include: How can I convince my child that I won't read her diary? Should I read my child's diary? What questions should I ask myself when I write in my diary? Is it okay that I most often write dark, horrible thoughts?

Want to know more? Go to... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Sarah-Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
(C) JAMIE WOOD